Links

Home           Twitter           Meet Tanantha           Featured On

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Julie & Julia Child

I had not seen this movie nor read the book before I started blogging. I swear! Many friends have asked and told me about it but I wasn't interested at that time. Who would have known Julia Child is so famous and her books are everywhere! They come out one after another and another...

Who heard about Julia Child before?! Why is she famous during this time? Is it because of her story that inspires the American way of cooking? Or because of the books about her? Or the movie?...

I got one of her books from a friend of mine on my Birthday and started reading it. There are so many French words! I personally think it's a bit hard to follow. It got me thinking that maybe it's for a professional cook. I love her tips on cooking, though. Again, why is she so famous? I was still curious about her so I rented her biography movie from Netflix and I got to know her more. Then afterwards, I got a chance to watch the Julie & Julia movie on the plane to Thailand. Oh My God,  Julie's inspiration and mine have some things in common! Except that her blog is much well-known than mine, hahaha. I enjoyed the movie. It felt similar to my life and what I'm doing now. Well, I'm not a full-time blogger but to know we both love cooking is good enough. Amy Adams and Meryl Streep make a good cast. They are so good. If I hadn't watched the Julia Child Biography, I wouldn't have known Meryl played so well!

I don't know how she got famous but I know her from the Julie & Julia movie now.

Julie & Julia Book

4 comments:

BarbC said...

Julia Child was the first, or one of the first, people to have a cooking show on American television. Before the Food Channel (hard to imagine!) cooking shows were only on Public TV and usually only on Saturday. Her claim to fame was teaching American cooks how to cook the French way. She was also kind of quirky and funny to watch. She became popular now because of the movie. I'm sure if she was alive she would be very pleased and happy that Meryl Streep played her in a movie!

Tanantha P. said...

I couldn't agree with you more that she was quirky but yet funny, and her popularity from the movie. She seemed to be a happy woman! I enjoyed her biography and will try out her recipes soon.

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Tanantha P. said...

I'm glad to know my blog or at least this entry helped you in some way. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...